NCDA Seeks Facilitator for Strategic Planning Session
Application deadline: December 17, 2019
The National Career Development Association (NCDA) is seeking a facilitator to direct a Strategic Plan Session with its Board of Directors during its upcoming meeting, Wednesday, February 5, 2020, in Charlotte, NC. This will be a one-day contractual opportunity; the selected recipient will be paid a modest stipend for the work.
While NCDA does have a 5-year strategic plan, the Board’s goal is to have an outside consultant facilitate this session to update, reevaluate, and implement a new plan. Applicants should have the following expertise:
- Knowledge of non-profits and how to work with a rotating volunteer Board
- Proficiency in leading a 13-member Board in a strategic planning exercise that results in a new 5-year Strategic Plan (2020 – 2025)
- Familiarity with the field of Career Development and of NCDA as the premier association supporting this field
- Strategic expertise in guiding volunteer Committees, Councils, Commissions, and other Work Groups to carry out the Strategic Plan
- Help NCDA Board update its current strategic plan
- Lead a strategic planning session
- Provide NCDA with an updated plan
- Provide consultation on integrating strategic planning and decision making into the Board’s culture
Applicants should send the following information electronically, in one attachment, to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 17, 2019.
- Cover Letter providing information about the expertise listed above
- Statement confirming availability on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 from 12:00 noon – 8:00 pm in Charlotte, NC to facilitate the session – outline travel expenses if in a location outside of Charlotte.
- Vita or Resume
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
Questions? Contact Lakeisha Mathews, Trustee, at email@example.com.